The Invacare microAIR Difference: Security in Design
Patient Safety and Caregiver Confidence
Constant Pressure Monitoring
Patient Safety and Caregiver Confidence The touch pad allows you to set the appropriate pressure using patient weight. Once set, the computer technology inside monitors the pressure. Solenoid valves open and close to regulate the air inside the mattress and maintain the pressure at or below 32mm/Hg to avoid loss of blood flow or capillary occlusion. On compressor models ( MA55 and MA65), the compressor will turn off while in maintenance mode for a quieter, energy saving environment.
On Demand Low Air Loss
microAIR compressor models (MA55 and MA65) all include the on-demand low air loss feature. When activated at the push of the button, air is sent inside the mattress to keep the mattress environment cooler for the patient, as well as help with moisture management. When not in use, the compressor will go into quiet energy saving mode for an improved sleep environment.
Ease of Set Up and Connection*
Unroll the mattress and hook the power unit to the end of the bed. Snap the mattress hose onto the plugged-in power unit and the mattress is ready to inflate.
Power Outage Safety In the event of a power outage, compressor models (MA55 and MA65) remain inflated as long as the mattress air hose remains connected to the compressor. Once the power is returned, the memory inside the power unit returns to the programmed settings. The safety mat inside the mattress prevents the patient from bottoming out.
Additional Safety Features
All microAIR therapeutic support systems include additional safety features: 2" safety foam mat, low pressure and power outage audio and visual alarms and a lock out button to avoid accidental adjustments. microAIR therapeutic support systems are compliant with federal fire regulation 16CFR1632 and 16CFR1633 standards by including a sewn in fire sock on each model.
Ease of Transport
Removal of the mattress is simplified by rolling it up beginning at the head section and putting the power unit inside the mattress for protection. Once rolled, attached over-the-shoulder carrying handles allow for easy transport.
Features: microAIR MA50/MA51/MA55 Control Unit
• 10 LPM compressor continually monitors the air pressure in the mattress to maintain
the appropiate pressure (generally below 32 mm/Hg)
• Solenoid valve system opens and closes to maintain air pressure in case of a power
outage or to release air to maintain the appropriate surface pressure for the patient
• Four alternating pressure cycle times available at 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes to eliminate
the pressure against the ulcer and to promote circulation to the entire body
• Up and down arrows with LED display allow adjustment for patient comfort and
• Choice of alternating pressure or static therapy
• Max inflate
• Lock out button
• Visible and audible power warning signal
• Manual fowler
• Energy saving compressor turns off when not needed during pressure maintanence
• Ninety degree, quick hose connector simplifies set up
• Lightweight and easy to use power unit with holder easily attaches to bed ends
• No air filter to clean
• 2 year warranty
Features: microAIR MA51/MA55 Mattress
• 8" mattress
• 2" foam added as safety measure
• Quick connect air cells make for easy replacement if needed
• CPR release built into mattress
• Attached carrying straps for easy transportation
• Buckle straps to secure mattress to bed deck
• 1 year warranty
Features: microAIR MA50/MA51/MA55 Cover
• Dual quilted cover guards against friction and shear
• Fluid resistant
• Vapor permeable